Andrej Sustr Jersey

huangjian123
In their season-opening games Scott Laughton Jersey , the Pittsburgh Penguins won in overtime but thought there was a fair amount of room for improvement and the Montreal Canadiens lost in overtime but were encouraged by what they thought was a strong performance.That sets an interesting stage for the matchup on Saturday at PPG Paints Arena.“I’m disappointed in the loss — you always think you could have, should have won the game — but I’m not disappointed in the effort we put out,” Montreal coach Claude Julien said of a 3-2 loss to Toronto.Article continues below ...“If we keep putting out the same effort and improve in certain areas where we didn’t do as well, there’s no doubt that if we play as well as we did, we’re going to give ourselves a chance every night.”Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan put his club’s chances a little lower in a similar scenario after a last-one-out-turn-off-the-lights 7-6 win over defending Stanley Cup champion Washington.“We were pleased with the results of the game, but if we played that game 10 times over, we’d win five and lose five,” Sullivan said of trading chances at a rapid rate. “That’s not a formula for success.”Pittsburgh swept all three games against the Canadiens last season, scoring five goals in each game.While the Penguins retain a core of players and a high-paced philosophy that helped them win the Stanley Cup in 2016 and ’17, the Canadiens are looking for a new direction.Against the Maple Leafs, the Canadiens made veterans Tomas Plekanec and Carl Alzner healthy scratches in favor of a younger, speedy lineup. That included Jesperi Kotkaniemi, an 18-year-old center who made his NHL debut and played 15 minutes.“I don’t think he looked out of place,” Julien said of Kotkaniemi. “If you want to win hockey games, you have to put players on the ice who are capable of making plays Womens Sean Couturier Jersey , and he’s one of them.”Not to mention players with wheels.“We used that speed, especially on the forecheck, to take time and speed away from (Toronto),” Canadiens goaltender Carey Price said, according to the Montreal Gazette.Pittsburgh is expecting more of the same from the Canadiens.“They’re going to be a young, fast team, and those are teams that you can get trapped with,” Penguins defenseman Brian Dumoulin said. “You can take them lightly and get into a track meet and they can end up beating you. They’re definitely a team we’re not taking lightly. They had a great game against Toronto.“It’s a speed game right now. If you can’t adapt to that style, you’re going to have a tough time playing (against them). You’ve always got to be aware of speed.”The Penguins should know. That’s the style they play, and it could be argued they started the trend that a lot of teams are following.They find themselves trying the same tactics — taking away shooting lanes, playing in opponents’ faces — that teams have been trying to use against them.“We see it, too, and it’s frustrating,” Dumoulin said. “But I think a lot of teams are going with that style.” WASHINGTON (AP) — Tom Wilson scored again before being ejected, Nicklas Backstrom had a hat trick and the Washington Capitals beat the New Jersey Devils 6-3 on Friday night to extend their winning streak to seven games.Wilson scored his seventh goal in nine games since coming back from a lengthy suspension Shayne Gostisbehere Jersey , extending his career-best goals streak to five games and points streak to seven. The short-handed goal gives Wilson 13 points, but a hit on New Jersey’s Brett Seney late in the second period put him back in the spotlight for the wrong reason.After Seney released the puck and it had gone into the corner late in the second period, Wilson skated up from behind and hit him with his left shoulder. Wilson was assessed a match penalty for an illegal check to the head, which carries with it an automatic suspension that the NHL must review before deciding to rescind. Wilson, who was given a 20-game suspension that was reduced to 14 for an illegal check to the head in the preseason finale, could avoid being suspended. After review, he did not make principal contact to Seney’s head, it did not look like a predatory play and Deney returned at the start of the third.Backstrom had a hat trick for the first time since Dec. 13, 2014, and added an assist for a four-point game. Alex Ovechkin scored an empty-netter, his 626th goal that put him into sole possession of 15th on the NHL’s career list. Andre Burakovsky also scored for Washington, and Braden Holtby made 33 saves.Travis Zajac, Nico Hischier and Johansson scored for the Devils.PANTHERS 3, SABRES 2, OTSUNRISE Andrej Sustr Jersey Womens , Fla. (AP) — Aleksander Barkov scored at 2:26 of overtime for Florida to hand Buffalo its second loss in two nights following a 10-game winning streak.Jared McCann and Evgenii Dadonov also scored, and James Reimer stopped 20 shots.Sam Reinhart had a goal and an assist and Jeff Skinner also scored for Buffalo. The Sabres were coming off a 5-4 loss at Tampa Bay.BLUES 3, AVALANCHE 2, OTDENVER (AP) — Colton Parayko scored 1:34 into overtime to lift St. Louis past Colorado.Vladimir Tarasenko and Alexander Steen scored in regulation, and Jake Allen stopped 27 shots.Nikita Zadorov and Mikko Rantanen scored for the Avalanche.FLAMES 4, KINGS 1CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Mikael Backlund had two goals and an assist in Calgary’s victory over Los Angeles.Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan also scored, and Mike Smith made 13 saves for the Pacific Division-leading Flames. Adrian Kempe scored for the Kings, coming off a 3-2 loss at Edmonton on Thursday night.DUCKS 2, HURRICANES 1, OTRALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Ryan Getzlaf scored 1:15 into overtime to lift Anaheim past Carolina.Pontus Aberg scored the tying goal with 3:50 left in regulation. John Gibson stopped 33 shots to help the Ducks win their third straight and for the fifth time in six games.Andrei Svechnikov scored an early goal for Carolina.